Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Info Crazy

I feel like there is something in my DNA that makes me susceptible to purchasing from infomercials. Afterall in the past few years members of my family have purchased miracle blades, mighty putty, some kind of lawnmower cleaning kit, a magic bullet and the list goes on. When I was a kid I would always take up the commercial on the free video for a bowflex, various cutlery, vacuum cleaners, coin collecting kits, sunsetter awnings etc. I'm not sure if it's the convincing commentary, seemingly endless array of examples of how you can use and abuse the products, how they make you feel like you MUST own the given product or just that you can get a $300 value for $19.95. Somewhere in my parents house, if they haven't already been tossed, there is a pile of VHS nonsense.

Recently I was watching a commercial for the Shamwow and I got really excited about them. I told Sarah that if I saw another commercial for them I would be all over it. Needless to say I caught the commercial again and one thing let to another and now I'm the proud owner of 8 Shamwows and I have said "wow" in each use thus far. How can you not trust a guy with a headset? In reality I think I can pretty well justify the purchase. Two kids and something is always spewing out of one of them. Anyhow the Shamwow hasn't disappointed, neither has the commerical, it's fantastic entertainment. Who wouldn't love to sock this dude in the face given the chance?

7 comments:

AmyJ said...

I've never bought from an infomercial, but I totally understand the urge!! Every time I see one I'm like "we need that!!" I really want that scratch repair thing that the orange glow guy sells. It's amazing how it can get out any scratch on any color automobile!! Anyway...I get it! And who can resist the "but wait, there's more" line??

Shelley said...

I think after starting to potty train Parker today, and then seeing this commercial...I need some of these!

ryan and danielle said...

i remember you ordering one free video one time and i was like what are you doing? but you just said, why not? it's free....hahahha. and we too are the proud owners of sham-wow's.......that was a surprise ryan had for me one day after i got home for work. I must agree though, they do sop up any mess! you boys are funny with how easily you are persuaded to purchase something!

Kristi Clinger said...

My husband watches that same video and wants one everytime he sees it. funny funny!

Kristi Clinger said...

My husband watches that same video and wants one everytime he sees it. funny funny!

Amy said...

Wow...

Brady and Taryn said...

I've never seen this one before, but now that I know about it I can't get it off my mind! And Sarah you look really pretty in your new family picture on the side :)