Friday, October 31, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
We got Addie's name from her cousin Elizabeth Addie Grant. After I met my sweet little niece Elizabeth for the first (and last) time I knew I wanted to name my daughter Addie. Luckily, Eric fell in love with the name too. Today, October 26, would be Elizabeth's 7th birthday and it was Addie's due date. So, in honor of the day, I wanted to post a picture of Addie modeling some of the clothes she got from the Grant girls (Elizabeth Addie and Claire).
Friday, October 24, 2008
Would you rather have an afro or a mullet?
Would you rather have 1 million dollars in hand or own a McDonalds franchise in a killer location?
Would you rather be best friends with Mr. Rogers or Bob Ross?
Would you rather see a fight to the death between the Wiggles and Doodle Bops or Charlie Brown and Ziggy?
Would you rather be able to time travel to the future or to the past?
Would you rather own a mountain ski cabin or a beach front bungalow?
Would you rather bring back Seifeld or Frasier?
Would you rather shop at Wal-Mart or Target?
Would you rather have a maid or a chef?
Would you rather wipe mosquitoes or roaches off the face of the earth?
Would you rather never eat breakfast or lunch ever again?
Would you rather be a horse whisperer or a dog whisperer?
Would you rather drink Coke or Pepsi?
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I feel like there is something in my DNA that makes me susceptible to purchasing from infomercials. Afterall in the past few years members of my family have purchased miracle blades, mighty putty, some kind of lawnmower cleaning kit, a magic bullet and the list goes on. When I was a kid I would always take up the commercial on the free video for a bowflex, various cutlery, vacuum cleaners, coin collecting kits, sunsetter awnings etc. I'm not sure if it's the convincing commentary, seemingly endless array of examples of how you can use and abuse the products, how they make you feel like you MUST own the given product or just that you can get a $300 value for $19.95. Somewhere in my parents house, if they haven't already been tossed, there is a pile of VHS nonsense.
Recently I was watching a commercial for the Shamwow and I got really excited about them. I told Sarah that if I saw another commercial for them I would be all over it. Needless to say I caught the commercial again and one thing let to another and now I'm the proud owner of 8 Shamwows and I have said "wow" in each use thus far. How can you not trust a guy with a headset? In reality I think I can pretty well justify the purchase. Two kids and something is always spewing out of one of them. Anyhow the Shamwow hasn't disappointed, neither has the commerical, it's fantastic entertainment. Who wouldn't love to sock this dude in the face given the chance?
Friday, October 17, 2008
Addie is just a really cute kid. She came out with no scratches or lop-sidedness and has really chubby cheeks, which we enjoy. I feel like she looks a lot like Sarah.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
My brave girls.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I'm counting this...ask my sister amber why)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
If you feel like playing along, go for it!